CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, January 19

"this is chess, not checkers"*

ahhh board games. weren't they fun growing up? a little monopoly, operation, connect 4, even pick-up stix, and of course checkers! these cute games aimed to occupy our youth with friends and family creating bonds of friendly competition. they were harmless and fun. and then you have chess, yes chess. the war game. who can capture the queen and kill the king to now claim the title? i'm starting to see life as chess. i've always believed in the similarities. who are the pawns in my life? those that are on the front lines for me that can kill or be killed? who is my right hand? my bishop, knight, rook? and i could even turn it around on myself: how am i protecting my king? is he exposed or securely preserved from the opponent? it's crazy. i think chess is a game that we all should play. it helps create strategy, planning ahead, discernment. oh yeah baby....."this is chess not checkers".
*quoted from denzel in training day

-Janus

0 comments: